Re: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error '80004005'

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 08:56:15 -0500

"jh" <jhui_at_rcn.com> wrote:

>I am receiving the following message when accessing the Oracle database:
>
>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error '80004005'
>Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components
>are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3
>or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until
>these components are installed.
>
>/index.asp, line 15
>
>OS Platform is Windows 2000 Server SP4, PIII
>Oracle Database is 9.0.1.
>
>I can connect to the database through SQL*Plus and tnsping is successful.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>jh

Do you have your ORACLE_HOME properly set ( both in Registry and as a System Ennvironment Variable is best)? Is your PATH set to correctly list the Oracle_Home/bin directory? ( If you have multiple Oracle Homes, you will need to set the default one correctly before trying the connection) Received on Tue Aug 26 2003 - 08:56:15 CDT