Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error '80004005'

From: jh <jhui_at_rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:57:54 -0400

I am receiving the following message when accessing the Oracle database:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error '80004005' Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

/index.asp, line 15

OS Platform is Windows 2000 Server SP4, PIII Oracle Database is 9.0.1.

I can connect to the database through SQL*Plus and tnsping is successful.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jh Received on Mon Aug 25 2003 - 20:57:54 CDT