Re: Oracle clustering & licensing

From: AcCeSsDeNiEd <dillon_at_SpamMinuSaccessdenied.darktech.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:24:17 +0800

Well, thanks guys.
This sure does answer some of my questions, but actually, what I'm trying here is to get 'more processing power' to run Oracle by clustering linux servers. That means the servers will combine their resources to make oracle run faster and handle more load.

Thanks again.

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:08:04 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote:

>Mark D Powell wrote:

>> I am pretty sure I read a post by an Oracle employee in the past that
>> stated if you have cluster servers you can run Oracle on one server.
>> In the event of a server failure you can bring the database instance
>> up on one other box in the cluster for somewhere up to 10 - 14 days
>> without having to buy another copy or transfer the license. I was
>> unable to find the post using a search on the newsgroup archives so I
>> suggest you contact Oracle support. The metalink Linux board can
>> probably answer your question.
>>
>> HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>
>The last time I checked, and license rules change from time-to-time, Oracle allowed something like up to 7 or 9 stand-by databases
>on a single license.

To e-mail, remove the obvious Received on Wed Aug 13 2003 - 12:24:17 CDT