Re: Oracle clustering & licensing

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:33:07 +0200

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:24:17 +0800, AcCeSsDeNiEd <dillon_at_SpamMinuSaccessdenied.darktech.org> wrote:

>Well, thanks guys.
>This sure does answer some of my questions,
>but actually, what I'm trying here is to get 'more processing power' to run Oracle
>by clustering linux servers. That means the servers will combine their resources to make oracle run
>faster and handle more load.

Better try tuning the application first. Tuning the database is not going to rescue you and you will be incurring additional overhead when setting up a cluster. In short: please reconsider, or you may be up for very unpleasant surprises.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Aug 13 2003 - 13:33:07 CDT