OEM 9.2.0

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 4 Aug 2003 23:02:43 -0700

Am I the only one that is utterly frustrated with the OEM/Java VM?

I often find myself staring at an all green window - the entire OEM window (or tablespace map, or top sessions or whatever), entirely green. It is as if the application never received its refresh/repaint thyself message. The only way to fix this is to kill the application and re-load it.

Can it be X? I have tested it on Linux & HP-UX using a variety of X managers and servers.. all show the same symptom. The All Green Window. But if it is X, why then have I _never_ seen this problem with _any_ other X app?

Not so sure about OEM on Microsoft Windows... have it installed at home and do use it on occassion for remote support, but have never used it extensively on Windows.

Or is this a Java issue? (which there seems to be with a variety of null pointer exceptions and other crap that litters stdout/stderr nohup.out) This seems to me the most likely culprit.. that and the fact that I still consider Java to be crap. :-)

My current "OEM station" setup is an HP X-term managed by Linux's Window Maker. It works great. Much better than HP's CDE. Except for OEM that every now and then get stuck in the Green Void (in fact, CDE often gives me a green window when simply resizing the OEM console window).

--
Billy