Re: OEM 9.2.0

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:36:36 GMT

"Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message news:1a75df45.0308042202.4fe19ad9_at_posting.google.com...
> Am I the only one that is utterly frustrated with the OEM/Java VM?
>
> I often find myself staring at an all green window - the entire OEM
> window (or tablespace map, or top sessions or whatever), entirely
> green. It is as if the application never received its refresh/repaint
> thyself message. The only way to fix this is to kill the application
> and re-load it.
>
> Can it be X? I have tested it on Linux & HP-UX using a variety of X
> managers and servers.. all show the same symptom. The All Green
> Window. But if it is X, why then have I _never_ seen this problem with
> _any_ other X app?
>
> Not so sure about OEM on Microsoft Windows... have it installed at
> home and do use it on occassion for remote support, but have never
> used it extensively on Windows.
>
> Or is this a Java issue? (which there seems to be with a variety of
> null pointer exceptions and other crap that litters stdout/stderr
> nohup.out) This seems to me the most likely culprit.. that and the
> fact that I still consider Java to be crap. :-)
>
> My current "OEM station" setup is an HP X-term managed by Linux's
> Window Maker. It works great. Much better than HP's CDE. Except for
> OEM that every now and then get stuck in the Green Void (in fact, CDE
> often gives me a green window when simply resizing the OEM console
> window).
>

> --
> Billy

(OEM) That darn thing is slow! Though I have not seen exactly your kind of symptom. That thing does take its own sweet time to load.
And recently I realized that it must have been coded by developers who decided to break oracle's own suggestion of using bind variables. I traced it when doing some replication reporting .. and found it using literals left right and center.

Anurag Received on Wed Aug 06 2003 - 07:36:36 CDT