Re: OEM 9.2.0

From: FC <flavio_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 08:27:35 GMT

From time to time I have to kill jrew.exe (windows 2000) because DBA Studio hangs upon loading. As soon as I kill the program, I can start the application successfully. This is an erratic behaviour, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. IMHO it must be some sort of interaction between the JVM version 1.1.8 and the OS (Windows 2000 SP2 + various patches) and perhaps the CPU (AMD). On Windows 2000 SP3, Pentium III machine, "same" Oracle configuration it never happens.

Concerning Java, I see that there are applications that never gave me problems, well, not more than native Windows application to be fair, there are others that are a pain in the ass. I guess therefore the real problem is not java as such, but the programmer, as usual.

Cheers,
Flavio Received on Tue Aug 05 2003 - 03:27:35 CDT