Re: Newbie cannot login

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:48:48 GMT

newbie wrote:

> I installed Oracle 8i on Windows 2003
> I have the same problem when I installed Oracle 9i on Windows XP Pro
>
> I have no idea what you mean by "Oracle not running"
> I looked in all help files & they are not much help
> I have two databases called Test1 & Test 2

Please consider reading the first 3 chapters of the Concepts manual. This is available at http://otn.oracle.com & click on the link titled 'Documentation' in the menu o the left side of your screen. Then select the "database documentation" for the version you want, next page select "View" the documents online, then "List" the books on the following page and select the one titled "Concepts"

Also, no insult intended, you need to consider getting professional help - either training or consulting - to bootstrap your knowledge

Finally, look at the Oracle online examples http://otn.oracle.com >> Sample Code >> Oracle by Example. Received on Thu Jul 31 2003 - 10:48:48 CDT