Re: Newbie cannot login

From: newbie <newbs__--_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:36:33 -0500

I installed Oracle 8i on Windows 2003
I have the same problem when I installed Oracle 9i on Windows XP Pro

I have no idea what you mean by "Oracle not running" I looked in all help files & they are not much help I have two databases called Test1 & Test 2 In the Oracle Admin Assistant they show up under Databases item I can start & stop the Service successfully on them However when I click on the first item called connect database, a popup window asks for username & password
In the top of the box it says
"Enter the Oracle username and password with which to connect to the database. To avoid being prompted with this dialog box again, grant database administrator privileges to your NT user name". I have full rights to this machine (at home) as admin. How do I do this ?

I also noticed in 8i that there was no Enterprise Manager as a Start Menu item
but I see it in 9i. Was it used to be an optional item in 8i or something ?