Re: Just need a small hint re: mirroring tables

From: Paul Murphy <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:27:29 GMT

Paul Murphy wrote:

>  >Anurag Varma wrote:
>

>> Your code is a DBA's worst nightmare. I will never recommend or accept
>> this
>> as a
>> solution!

Great news. Thanks to the help I received on this group, I was able to convince everyone that we should just use a single set of tables and use private synonyms for the other software to access them. No triggers, no duplicate tables, just a couple of synonyms.

So, if any of you run into a Banner / Maximo integration problem and the vendors try to get you to mirror tables in the same database with triggers...tell them NO.

Thanks again. I look forward to the day when I've got enough experience to help the future newbies that visit c.d.o.m.

Paul Murphy Received on Mon Jul 07 2003 - 18:27:29 CDT