Re: Just need a small hint re: mirroring tables

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2003 17:51:13 -0700

Paul Murphy <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com> wrote in message news:<BlnOa.24776$ma.1418_at_twister.nyroc.rr.com>...
> Paul Murphy wrote:
> > >Anurag Varma wrote:
>
> >> Your code is a DBA's worst nightmare. I will never recommend or accept
> >> this
> >> as a
> >> solution!
>
> Great news. Thanks to the help I received on this group, I was able to
> convince everyone that we should just use a single set of tables and use
> private synonyms for the other software to access them. No triggers, no
> duplicate tables, just a couple of synonyms.
>
> So, if any of you run into a Banner / Maximo integration problem and the
> vendors try to get you to mirror tables in the same database with
> triggers...tell them NO.

I saw a maximo rep totally bogositize a maximo upgrade. Absolutely no clue about unix shells or Oracle. DBA involved me because she couldn't quite believe anyone could be so clueless and yet be suposedly following vendor instructions. So be forewarned if you ever let outsiders in.

> Thanks again. I look forward to the day when I've got enough experience
> to help the future newbies that visit c.d.o.m.

You've got enough! :)

> Paul Murphy

jg

--