Re: Just need a small hint re: mirroring tables

From: Paul Murphy <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 18:11:07 GMT

Anurag Varma wrote:
> "Paul Murphy" <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com> wrote in message
> ---snip--
>

>>I should have been more specific. They don't want to grant any maximo
>>user account any lawson object permissions or vice versa. They're
>>perfectly OK with me creating a totally separate user that's not part of
>>maximo or lawson and giving it permissions on both tables.
>>-Paul
>>

> So can maximo operate on the same set of rows at the same time as lawson?
> If they operate on different set .. then implementing this via synonyms
> shouldn't be a problem.
> If they operate on similar set . .then even your triggers can encounter a
> locking problem.
>
> So what is it? They operate on similar set or different set?
>
> Anurag

Unfortunately, I wasn't given much info on exactly when or how each app will access the rows. Basically, the Maximo people don't want to be responsible for anything in Lawson and vice versa since they only support their own products and there hasn't been much in the way of detailed information sharing so far. The reason I got pulled into this is that I'm helping a co-worker at a remote location who is a subcontractor to the client who bought the software from the 2 different vendors and we're trying to manually integrate them to work together ASAP. At first it seemed simple, "Hey Paul, can you mirror a couple of tables for me?", "No problem, I'll take care of it today." At least it's been a good learning experience for me!

I'll just finish writing the triggers since they want it done by tomorrow and I'll try do get all the vendors on a conference call next week and see if we can't arrange for this to be done with just synonyms. Luckily this is only in a testing environment and we have a wide window to make changes before we go to production.

Thanks to everyone for your help.
-Paul Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 13:11:07 CDT