Re: Just need a small hint re: mirroring tables

From: Anurag Varma <avarmadba.skipthis_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 17:28:37 GMT

"Paul Murphy" <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com> wrote in message news:NaEMa.31400$iZ3.7650_at_twister.nyroc.rr.com... ---snip--
> I should have been more specific. They don't want to grant any maximo
> user account any lawson object permissions or vice versa. They're
> perfectly OK with me creating a totally separate user that's not part of
> maximo or lawson and giving it permissions on both tables.
> -Paul

So can maximo operate on the same set of rows at the same time as lawson? If they operate on different set .. then implementing this via synonyms shouldn't be a problem.
If they operate on similar set . .then even your triggers can encounter a locking problem.

So what is it? They operate on similar set or different set?

Anurag Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 12:28:37 CDT