Re: Oracle application

From: Greg Forestieri <gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2003 10:19:56 -0700

"Ferro" <no_at_spam.it> wrote in message news:<bdpjq7$v3ta8$1_at_ID-87012.news.dfncis.de>...
> On our company we wrote a very complex ERP.
> All our jurassic program have to replace, with something
> more modern.
> On my country (Italy) "Oracle Application" proposes
> itself at my door.
>
> Some our company branch, are very very dynamic, and I
> need a very large possibility to personalize that tools.
>
> Do someone can say something about the possibility to
> modify "Oracle Application"?
> Something like "exit call" (or API), or something more low
> level, ...
>
> Thanks, Ferro.

You are not allowed to "modify" the core code per se (at least not without invalidating your support contract), but yes there are "API"s (we also call them interface tables) that allow you to push data into the system. There is a program called ADI that allows accounting to push journals into the system. They can also pull out reports and do data extracts that way.

You are allowed to "add" custom code, mostly in the form of reports. You can install custom forms as well, though what they do cannot be to change core app data. There are some grey areas as well in terms of what you are allowed to do and not allowed to do.

Yes you can customize the apps, whether or not it will be enough for you needs to be investigated further.

Good luck
Greg Received on Tue Jul 01 2003 - 12:19:56 CDT