Re: Oracle application

From: Ferro <no_at_spam.it>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:56:46 +0200

> Of course you can't have the source and you can't recompile it.
> If you want independence, build your own ERP. Should be fun with all
> the 'flexibility' (read 'messy system') you require.

I absolutely agree with you, and with your answer. Source are very difficult to release.

But you have to understand that sometime, the customer needs speed. Some changes have to be done yesterday.

Analysis are very important, but sometime them have to come after the work: it seems absurd, but the customer's world sometime are totally different from yours. On the last days I worked with Oracle men: their burocracy are above every thing.

The 'flexibilty' (read 'messy system') sometime is more important than 'reliable' (read 'analysis everytime everywhere').

Ferro. Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 08:56:46 CDT