Re: Which is faster? <> or Between

From: Ray Porter <ray_porter_at_unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:08:28 -0400

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3F006029.ECE34F77_at_exxesolutions.com...
> Now if you don't have CREATE TABLE that could be a problem. But if you
don't
> have CREATE TABLE you aren't a developer.

I don't want to get involved in the merits of this thread but this last statement is not necessarily true, Daniel. We've already discussed off-list some of the oddities of how Oracle is being administered here (and thanks for your help) but, in general, developers don't have CREATE TABLE in development, test or production. The DBAs have to do it all in all environments. Part of the reason is micromanagement by state auditors and part is that most of our DBAs come from a mainframe/IDMS environment and they prefer to manage Oracle the same way they manage IDMS where developers never had the authority to modify existing database structure in any environment.

Ray Porter Received on Tue Jul 01 2003 - 08:08:28 CDT