Re: help needed - migration of Forms 3.0 to Forms 6.0

From: Tiago Rocha <tiagocrspamtalho_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:44:05 -0300

> 1. Can Forms 3 and 6 application communicate with each other ? e.g. if
> Forms A is in 3 and Forms B is in 6, and they talk to each other - can
> Forms
> A pass arguments to Forms B and vice versa?

No, it won't work. I did a 4.5 to 6.0 to 6i migration on the last years and they won't communicate. You'll need separate runtimes, forms 3 won't run with the same 6.0 runtime, I mean, you can't have both forms running at the same time, therefore you can't pass parameters... In one point of the last migration, I had half system on 6.0 and another half on 6i. I had to run a batch file to replace the Oracle windows registry with appropriate paths and settings. I had two orant folders... It was a pain, I'm glad the migration is finished now.

Make yourself a little application to recompile all the forms in batch mode. Read the Oracle Metalink website, good information about migrating forms there.

May I sugest you skip 6.0 and go straight to 6i? 6i is better, more stable, imho.

--
Tiago Rocha