Importing .dmp file in Windows

From: Matthew J. McNally <matthew.mcnally_at_amjec.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:48:12 +0100

I know this is probably a common question - I have found several threads searching google, but none of them have fixed my problem.

8(

I have been given a .dmp file from a client, which I know is an export of an Oracle database.

But - I cannot import it into a database.

I am really struggling at doing this - I have spent a lot of time searching google - but find only answers to questions, other than my own.

What I am really looking for is a very basic, step by step guide to creating importing data from the .dmp file into a new database.

I really son't want to do anything with it in Oracle - just need it in a database so I can use ODBC to import it into a SQL Server database (as the client is an MS shop).

Any help or pointers for someone having a hard time?

Matt Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 08:48:12 CDT