Re: ORA-12545 Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

From: Nicolas Bronke <bronke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 23:55:02 +0200

> Looks like the listener doesn't listen on port 1521. But why would one
> bother to post the relevant net8 configuration files when asking for
> assistance in resolving net8 problems? That is just way too much work,
> especially because the OP already seems to know the answer.
> (And his answer, needless to say, doesn't make sense)

Meanwhile I followed your hint about the port 1521 and thought about what happened to this machine. Because it works before. Meanwhile on this machine Apache and Tomcat has been configured to the port 1707 (not my part) so if I change the listener.ora and also the local tnsnames.ora to this port the local client server application (or at leasr sqlplus) works fine again. Otherwise the web application cannot access the database anymore and revise versa.
But what are the solution?

Regards

Nicolas Received on Sun May 18 2003 - 16:55:02 CDT