Re: AUST Only: Training Course by Jonathan Lewis

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 14:54:26 -0700

anti-spam_at_anti-spam.anti-spam wrote:

> On Sat, 17 May 2003 18:54:43 +0200, Sybrand Bakker
> <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:
>
> Sybrand
>
> Obviously you cant read the Subject line. It says AUST Only.
> What is your problem?
>
> It is not Jonathan that posted this posting. I am one of the
> committee members in Australia that is very grateful for someone like
> him to come all the way to Australia to present a training course. We
> do not get quality training like this in Oz that often and so was
> wanting the local Oracle communitee to support this event. We need to
> have a minimum number of attendees to cover cost and get it off the
> ground and so the posting.
>
> If you feel strongly about this, do something about it like get
> *.maketplace or *.cmmercial and stop winging.
>
> gee - there is always one in every corner :-(
>
> >On Sat, 17 May 2003 16:20:26 GMT, anti-spam_at_anti-spam.anti-spam wrote:
> >
> >>If you are not in Australia, disregard this posting
> >>

> >>Forwarding on behalf of VIC-AUSOUG (ACT, WA & NSW)
> >>
> >>For those in Australia, you know how difficult it is to get good
> >>presentations and training locally. Looks like Jonathan Lewis
> >>Australia in June for a series of conferences.
> >>If you are interested, please have a read of the following posting
> >>from Victoria's AUSOUG. It is also being held in WA, ACT and NSW.
> >>For further information goto
> >>

> >>www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
> >>
> >>ta
> >>tony
> >>

> >As far as I am concerned Jonathan's activities are promoted in this
> >and other forums more than enough (in fact : the
> >www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar URL would have been sufficient)
> >and your post is redundant. Moreover it should be in an appropiate
> >group like .marketplace, not in THIS group.
> >
> >I also would rather wish Jonathan would limit his self-marketing to 1
> >URL in his sig. I feel even Jonathan shouldn't be above law.
> >

> >Regards
> >

> >Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA
> >
> >To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address

I am appalled by your transparent justification for spamming. Well that an your obvious refusal to identify yourself in your posting.

We all appreciate Jonathan and his contributions. But appreciation does not translate into justification. I appreciate my mother but that does not give her license to run me over with a car (no she hasn't tried so far so don't ask).

There is an appropriate usenet group for posting commercial messages related to Oracle and those of us that play by the rules expect the civility and the courtesy from others that they do the same.

I hope that you reconsider the content above, read the FAQ, play by the rules, and post an apology.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu