Re: So difficult, so painfull

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 22:20:10 GMT

"Tariq" <taariqq_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b9103102o9i_at_enews2.newsguy.com...
> Reality check!
>
> "Ryan" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message
> > there are virtually no entry level jobs these days. DBA is a big
buzzword.
> > Kind of like XML. There are thousands of people in the US taking
Database
> > courses and spending alot of money on them for virtually no jobs.
> >
> > IT market is horrible for entry level people.

not trying to be mean. the only people who say the IT market is great are the con artists at the training schools. They do a search for 'oracle' on all the newsboards and add them u p to determine how many jobs are out there... seriously..

They use the same lines. Take our class and you will be 'junior' not entry level. Lie. Anyone without experience is entry level. Plus there are virtually no junior jobs anyway. Junior means 2-3 years experience for a job that doesnt pay anything.

Then they use something like 'We' dont like to discuss our courses over the phone. Its too complicated come in and talk our counselors. Chubb is the worst at this. They are totally pretentious. BTW, the counselor is a dopey sales guy who knows a few buzzwords so someone who knows nothing thinks they know alot. Its kind of like a kid who spent one year at medical school pretending to be a heart surgeon.

BTW, my favorite BS are the 'career counselors' that help you design your resume and come up with a plan on how to send them out. You gotta be kidding me on this one. They tell you to go to job fairs and wear a suit. Brilliant advice. REally worth the $5000+ they want. Or they send your resume to hiring managers who hire their people. What they do is send 100 identical resumes every month to people who hit the delete button.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Some poor guy posted on OracleDBA listserv about 2-3 months ago that he spent something like $15,000 for Oracle classes at NYU.. poor guy.

BTW, Im in the Oracle business and I did take a class first. So its not like Im just someone who failed. Im in, but I got in before the economy totally went into the tank and it was HARD then. Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 17:20:10 CDT