Re: So difficult, so paintfull

From: Ryan <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 22:22:17 GMT

"Nino Amot" <amotito_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8dac7ac6.0305060652.511a72c7_at_posting.google.com...
> Than you Daniel for your advices.
> > 2. From my experience these certifications are worthless and will not
help
> > you get a job
> With no oracle work experience, what else can I do ?
>
> > 3. Formal education experience is valued by employers.
> Happy to hear that.
>
> > 5. Some may, but I would never hire a DBA that wasn't first a developer
> > for 5 years or more. BTW I like Forms.
> Ok. Let's say I have 15h/week for Oracle study, I have 6 month to
> getmarkettable skill to move as Oracle developer. Do you please have
> an advice(study path ) on how I can better spend my study time to be
> more marketable in Oracle field ( developer position ) ?
>
> > 6. I would not consider knowledge of Forms relevant to most DBA
positions.
> > But knowledge of Korn shell scripting or Perl essential. And if you
don't
> > "love" vi ... forget it.
> I know shell scripting, a little Perl ( at school ) and I DO "love"
> vi, using it 4 years and still using it in my day-to-day work
>
> 7. Oracle developer job yes ... DBA job ... no.
> Got it.
> Thanks

you wont even get an interview as an Oracle developer. I hate to tell you this. There are tons of people who do what you do and virtually no entry level jobs if NO entry level jobs. you can spend months on all the job boards looking for entry level jobs and not see one in the whole US.

Not trying to be mean. Market is really bad. Especially at entry level. you really need a computer science degree to have any shot to get into anything related to programming. Its a good degree, however, part time it takes a long time. Received on Tue May 06 2003 - 17:22:17 CDT