Re: pro*c/c++

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:41:37 -0700

Yun Guan wrote:

> Did anybody know how popular pro*c/c++ is among oracle professionals. Is it
> more used on windows or Unix?. How is it compared with pl/sql?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Allen Guan
> 281-489-2314

You are mixing apples and rocks. One does not normally use C/C++ to do what you can do in PL/SQL. Use C/C++ to do things that are either CPU intensive or to perform functions that PL/SQL can not do.

More popular in UNIX than Windows because serious database systems are, for the most part, not on Windows.

--
Daniel Morgan
(remove one 'x' from my email address to reply)