Re: Are one row, one column tables "acceptable"?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:05:29 +0100

Its entirely harmless (though obviously requires sysdba connection) the idea is purely to look at the one row, one column table dual whilst the database is not mounted You could equally unmount the database. curiosity won't kill you in this case - the reason for saying doing this on prod would be silly is that justifying downtime because ' I wanted to see what dual looks like before mounting the controlfile' is.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA