If select using rownum savs time?

From: music4 <music4_at_163.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 15:08:38 +0800

Dear Oracle Guru,

I am writing a Oracle application using OCI. I use C++ on Solaris platform.

I have table that contains a huge number of records (over 100000). And I need to select first 5000 records. In my current application, I just use "select * from the_table", then only petch first 5000 records.

And today, I happened to get know "rownum", so I am guess if "select * from the_table where rownum < 5000" would be efficient. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!
evan Received on Wed Apr 09 2003 - 02:08:38 CDT