Re: List grants?

From: Richard B. Kreckel <richard.kreckel_at_framatome-anp.com>
Date: 8 Apr 2003 00:55:16 -0700

Hi there,

Originally, I posted a beginner's question: [...]
> How do I find out which grants were given/revoked to/from public
> on a given table? I've tried looking at various places like
> dba_sys_privs, but to no avail. The all seemed to be unaffected
> by grants I gave as DBA.

To which Steve Ashmore answered:
> Try looking in dba_tab_privs

And Mark D Powell elaborated:
[...]
> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/privileges.html

Thanks a lot to everybody!

Now comes my next problem: Suppose somebody wants to mimick the describe feature for tables/view from SqlPlus. This would be done by reading out user_tab_privs. However, I would like everybody to do this. Naturally, I tried a 'grant select on user_tab_columns to public;' which completed without errors. However, as a mere mortal, I still get an empty list when selecting from it. What's the reason?

TIA
  -richy. Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 02:55:16 CDT