Re: Biuld my first Materialized View ever

From: C Chang <cschang_at_maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:24:17 -0500

Greg Forestieri wrote:

> Difficult to say without knowing more about your situation. We just
> built a set of MVs to help with a WAN performance problem. It's a
> wonderful feature if it fits your application.
>
> In general I'd say build it in your current schema, then experiment
> with other configurations. I'm assuming however that simply having
> the MV is much better than not having it, regardless of where you plop
> it. There are just too many variables to be able to effectively
> answer that as a simple yes or no.
>
> Good luck
> Greg

Thanks everyone's input. Actually, I just thought about another question related this building my MV in the current Schema. If I have my MV in current DB, How do I avoid not to export the MV when I do a full export of everything else of DB? since basically, MV contains records from other tables.

C Chang Received on Fri Mar 21 2003 - 21:24:17 CST