Re: Biuld my first Materialized View ever

From: Greg Forestieri <gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2003 06:35:05 -0800

Difficult to say without knowing more about your situation. We just built a set of MVs to help with a WAN performance problem. It's a wonderful feature if it fits your application.

In general I'd say build it in your current schema, then experiment with other configurations. I'm assuming however that simply having the MV is much better than not having it, regardless of where you plop it. There are just too many variables to be able to effectively answer that as a simple yes or no.

Good luck
Greg Received on Fri Mar 21 2003 - 08:35:05 CST