Re: How do I decode the error message

From: Randy Harris <randy.harris_at_nospam.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:57:18 GMT

You're certainly correct, I supplied very little information. Let me try again.

The client system is Windows 2000 Pro. It has Oracle 8.1.7 server installed on it, and several local databases. The local databases all work fine. The remote Oracle server (to which I can't get Access to connect) is also running 8.1.7. I can connect, however, to that server database with sqlplus and DBAstudio.

Further diagnosis is a bit dicey at the moment. The system with the problem is a laptop, the instructor that uses it had to take it to catch a plane. The application that won't work is a critical one, I promised to have a solution for him when he returns.

--
Randy Harris

"Ana C. Dent" <anacedent_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Randy Harris wrote:
> > One of my client systems gets an Oracle error when it attempts to access
an
> > Oracle database from any MS Access client. I tried reinstalling MS
Office
> > with no change. I think the problem is in the Oracle client software.
It