Re: Nesting Procedures within aPprocedure

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:51:24 +0100

On 3 Mar 2003 09:26:06 -0800, lowell_at_budweiser.com (Lowell Izaguirre) wrote:

>I tried to create a procedure that populates a table , but checks to
>make sure some dependant foreign keys exist first.
>
>The problem is, with the procedure trying to check and insert over
>1000 records, i got the error PLS-00123: program too large;
>OK fine, so I choped the original stored procedure into 7 bitesized
>procedures instead; each compiles successfully.
>
>it seems so simple to now just have a procedure that calls all the
>others, but this is where I'm having trouble.
>
>The smaller procedures do not have any IN or OUT Parameters, they just
>check for values and insert em if they are missing.
>
>Now I want a procedure to call each of the seven mini procedures, but
>I'm having a terrible time with that getting to compile correctly.
>
>could someone point out what I'm doing wrong?; I've tried some
>variations with EXECUTE IMMEDIATE without success;
>
>Here's my Procedure, which nests the other mini procedures:
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SP_MXNOAC
>AS
>BEGIN
>/*because I hit the "error PLS-00123: program too large" I chopped
>this up into smaller procedures, instead of one large procedure */
> BEGIN
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_1;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_2;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_3;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_4;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_5;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_6;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_7;
> END;
>
>END; --PROC
Could you please either provide 7 Budweisers or the real thing: the source of the original procedure. The number of records dealt with in a procedure usually has exactly *nothing* to do with the size, unless of course you hardcode all 1000.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:51:24 CST