Nesting Procedures within aPprocedure

From: Lowell Izaguirre <lowell_at_budweiser.com>
Date: 3 Mar 2003 09:26:06 -0800

I tried to create a procedure that populates a table , but checks to make sure some dependant foreign keys exist first.

The problem is, with the procedure trying to check and insert over 1000 records, i got the error PLS-00123: program too large; OK fine, so I choped the original stored procedure into 7 bitesized procedures instead; each compiles successfully.

it seems so simple to now just have a procedure that calls all the others, but this is where I'm having trouble.

The smaller procedures do not have any IN or OUT Parameters, they just check for values and insert em if they are missing.

Now I want a procedure to call each of the seven mini procedures, but I'm having a terrible time with that getting to compile correctly.

could someone point out what I'm doing wrong?; I've tried some variations with EXECUTE IMMEDIATE without success;

Here's my Procedure, which nests the other mini procedures:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SP_MXNOAC
AS
BEGIN
/*because I hit the "error PLS-00123: program too large" I chopped this up into smaller procedures, instead of one large procedure */

	BEGIN
		EXECUTE  SP_MXNOAC_1;
		EXECUTE  SP_MXNOAC_2;
		EXECUTE  SP_MXNOAC_3;
		EXECUTE  SP_MXNOAC_4;
		EXECUTE  SP_MXNOAC_5;
		EXECUTE  SP_MXNOAC_6;
		EXECUTE  SP_MXNOAC_7;
	END;

END; --PROC Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:26:06 CST