Re: Nesting Procedures within aPprocedure

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 09:45:31 -0800

Lowell Izaguirre wrote:

> I tried to create a procedure that populates a table , but checks to
> make sure some dependant foreign keys exist first.
>
> The problem is, with the procedure trying to check and insert over
> 1000 records, i got the error PLS-00123: program too large;
> OK fine, so I choped the original stored procedure into 7 bitesized
> procedures instead; each compiles successfully.
>
> it seems so simple to now just have a procedure that calls all the
> others, but this is where I'm having trouble.
>
> The smaller procedures do not have any IN or OUT Parameters, they just
> check for values and insert em if they are missing.
>
> Now I want a procedure to call each of the seven mini procedures, but
> I'm having a terrible time with that getting to compile correctly.
>
> could someone point out what I'm doing wrong?; I've tried some
> variations with EXECUTE IMMEDIATE without success;
>
> Here's my Procedure, which nests the other mini procedures:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SP_MXNOAC
> AS
> BEGIN
> /*because I hit the "error PLS-00123: program too large" I chopped
> this up into smaller procedures, instead of one large procedure */
> BEGIN
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_1;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_2;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_3;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_4;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_5;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_6;
> EXECUTE SP_MXNOAC_7;
> END;
>
> END; --PROC
Lets go back to the error message PLS-00123: program too large.

The chances of this are virtually nill.

What version and edition of Oracle? And how many lines of PL/SQL in the procedure?

But to answer your specific question ... drop the EXECUTE.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 11:45:31 CST