Re: Installing Oracle 9i on Linux

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:21:33 -0800

bgeer wrote:

> >DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> writes:

> >>You can't.
> >>
> >>You don't mention the CPU but I would consider the machine wholly inadequate
> >>for even a minimal installation.
>
> I *knew* there was a very good reason for PostgreSQL. Much less a
> resource hog esp. for learning purposes.
>
> --
> <> Robert Geer & Donna Tomky | |||| We sure |||| <>
> <> bgeer_at_xmission.com | == == find it == == <>
> <> dtomky_at_xmission.com | == == enchanting == == <>
> <> Albuquerque, NM USA | |||| here! |||| <>

I wouldn't go that far. If you get Oracle 8i, more than adequate for learning purposes, you can easily run it in 64MB of RAM and it only uses about 800MB of hard disk.

The other advantage ... you can go to dice.com and find a job working with Oracle.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 16:21:33 CST