Re: Problems with CLOB in JDBC

From: Subhashini.K <member24109_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:05:48 +0000

Originally posted by Tobias Kj?R Tobiasen
> Subhashini.K wrote:
> > hi
> > y don't u use this.
> > If u have any special characters
> > u can use AsciiStream from oracle.
> > getAsciiOutputStream
> > public OutputStream getAsciiOutputStream() throws
> SQLException
> >
> > Oracle extension. Write ascii stream to the CLOB.
> Hi.
>
> I have tried this. But how do I get the correct encoding of the ascii
> stream? In the example below I have to state the encoding of the
> bytes. But
> I do not know the encoding used by the database. Is there a way
> to get the
> String encoded using the encoding of the database?
>
> OutputStream stream = clob.getAsciiOutputStream();
> stream.write(myString.getBytes(encoding));
>
> T2K

Hi Tobias

File file = new File("symbol.doc");
FileInputStream in = new FileInputStream(file); OutputStream out = clob.getAsciiOutputStream(); out.flush();
byte[] buffer = new byte[1024];
int len;
while ((len = in.read(buffer)) != -1){
out.write(buffer, 0, length);
out.close();
in.close();

For ur encoding:

stmt.executeUpdate(new String(

    ("insert into test (text) values('$B4A;z(B')"     ).getBytes("SJIS"),0));

 I don't know much about the languages.
This encoding is for Japanese
just see this for encoding chinese
http://life.nthu.edu.tw/~b831604/freebsd/JSP/chinese.html and