Re: Problems with CLOB in JDBC

From: Tobias Kjær Tobiasen <news1_at_dont.remove.nospam.tobiasen.dk>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:40:04 +0100

Subhashini.K wrote:
> hi
> y don't u use this.
> If u have any special characters
> u can use AsciiStream from oracle.
> getAsciiOutputStream
> public OutputStream getAsciiOutputStream() throws SQLException
>
> Oracle extension. Write ascii stream to the CLOB.
Hi.

I have tried this. But how do I get the correct encoding of the ascii stream? In the example below I have to state the encoding of the bytes. But I do not know the encoding used by the database. Is there a way to get the String encoded using the encoding of the database?

OutputStream stream = clob.getAsciiOutputStream(); stream.write(myString.getBytes(encoding));

T2K Received on Mon Feb 03 2003 - 02:40:04 CST