Newbie question on trigger

From: Andreas Schlegel <schlegelaw_at_epost.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:31:12 +0100

Hi,

I have a basic question on trigger:
First I need a procedure that checks if a value exists in an other table and if true raise an exception and stop deleting (before delete trigger). A second procedure should check if a value exists in an other table and if false raise an exception and stop updating or inserting (before update/insert trigger).

It's my first pl/sql code so I am not sure if it is better to place the code in a trigger or in a procedures.

Does anyone have an example code needed for this case?

Greetings,
Andreas Received on Mon Jan 27 2003 - 05:31:12 CST