Re: How to save a BLOB to a file on disk in PL/SQL

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:41:07 +0300

First of all, DO NOT CROSSPOST!!!

You can use my free UTL_BINFILE package (available as part of our commercial PSP_Mail product, can be freely ripped from it and used standalone) if you're on 8i 8.1.6 or later. Download the PSP_Mail trial from http://www.dpsp-yes.com, take FileOps.jar and UTLBFILE.SQL from the archive, and then run loadjava on the first file and sqlplus on the second, providing the right credentials each time. Then read the docs for reference.

Btw, I am planning to publish this package in separate archive, so if you just wait a little, you will be able to save yourself some bandwidth and ripping effort. :)