Re: Enteprise Manager Email Alert Problem

From: Ron Reidy <rereidy_at_indra.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:12:03 -0700

 From metalink:

Cause

DNS and/or local hosts file hostname resolution problem.

Fix

For unix environments, try entering the fully qualified hostname in lower case,
for example:
SMTP Mail Gateway: server1.mycompany.com

If it continues to fail with the same error in the logs, verify the forward and
reverse resolution of the hostname, as per Note:141955.1 (also Note:157735.1 as
a reference). Also make sure the local hosts file contains the correct IP address followed by the proper single and fully qualified hostname.

--
Ron Reidy
Oracle DBA