Re: How to reset after Alter Session

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:50:48 GMT

Anurag Varma wrote:
> or you could save the original state like this (an old trick)
>
> col myvalue new_value orig_state
> select value myvalue from v$parameter where name = 'sql_trace';
>
> alter session set sql_trace = true;
>
> alter session set sql_trace = &orig_state;
>
> A decent modification and you can work this for a lot of cases.
>
> Anurag

Thanks a bunch! I like your approach much better than mine. Much easier to understand what's happening and I don't have to remember the event numbers. At the risk of offending any animal rights activists on the NG, there's more than one way to skin a cat (cliche from my childhood). Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 11:50:48 CST