Re: What is oracle

From: dmz17 <dmz17_at_nospam.nowhere.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 22:53:04 +0100

On Sun, 05 Jan 2003 23:57:13 +0800, blackgold wrote:

> Is it possible or easy to learn oracle by self study? But I have a problem.
> What is oracle. Originally I thought it had something to do with database
> management but as I do more research I really get into a confused state of
> mind. Seems to be mixed up with visual basic, Java , servers, and SQL among
> others. Can any one please enlighten me. Or point me in a direction where I
> can read a Faq on oracle. I may have come to the wrong place for advice, if
> so, I apologise.

I think you need to explain why you are asking. Not to offend you, but you sound as if you need to come to terms with quite a few computer buzzwords.

If you like to study, go to www.oracle.com. Sift through the marketing stuff and see if it is for you. But be warned: there is a lot of material to cover.

Cheers,

dmz17 Received on Sun Jan 05 2003 - 15:53:04 CST