Re: kill sessions...

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 27 Dec 2002 23:22:47 -0800

> but why use a cannon to kill a black bird?

To make sure it is pulverized on the first attempt!!!

> I often strongly suggest using s couple other different signals before
> resorting to the "kill with no remorse" -9 signal. I suggest using (in
> basically this order):
>
> -1
> -2
> -3
> -15
> -9
>
> Going straight to -9 is a bad habit to get into.
> (I think this is the first time I ever disagreed with something Daniel
> said.)
>
> Ed

If the goal is to kill the session immediately....which usually is the case in most instances when a session is hung...then -9 signal may be used on the first attempt.

Using other signals maybe a little mercifull but the process may ignore the signal entirely.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Sat Dec 28 2002 - 01:22:47 CST