Re: Causes of ORA-03113

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 14:17:13 +0300

3113's are usually sign of unexpected shadow process death. Such events are usually followed by a message in alert log and a trace file with more detailed description of the cause. As Mr. Morgan noted, on *ix systems this is often the result of improper OS kernel configuration, but 3113 may also indicate that you have hit some bug in Oracle - trace file can tell you more (and of course it will be useful when contacting OSS.) And indeed, Oracle version (incl. patch level), platform name and OS version are almost mandatory when posting questions like this.