Causes of ORA-03113

From: Simon <ssdimuan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Dec 2002 07:54:40 -0800

Hi,

I'm developing a PL/SQL program that for some reason has started to cause ORA-03113 errors all the time - what I mean is, I execute the stored procedure from the SQL*Plus prompt, and it starts running, but - it never finishes. After a couple minutes, it stops, and I have the ORA-03113 error - as if something in my code actually "broke" the database connection. Most strange. So I'm just wondering if any of you experienced Oracle ninjas out there are aware of some common mistakes that can cause such an error, because I'm having a hard time figuring it out from looking at my code. I think I know what procedure it's in when the error occurs, but I can't really tell what line is doing it. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon Dimuantes Received on Tue Dec 24 2002 - 09:54:40 CST