Re: Oracle Log File

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:48:40 -0000

"Beavis" <sjallad_at_Autosmartcard.com> wrote in message news:2e1f010a.0211210646.c53c7b4_at_posting.google.com...
> I have Oracle 8i installed. in \network\log folder I have 2 huge log
> files: slqnet.log and nim.log. Those 2 files keep growing every day.
> Is there a way I can setup Oracle to set a maximum size for those
> files? Can I just delete the 2 files? This is costing the server a lot
> of space, since both of them are over 4 GB in size.

You can certainly delete the sqlnet.log file, and also stop logging of sqlnet information by using the net8 assistant and profile and then the general section in the drop down list on the right. Alternatively remove any of LOG_FILE_CLIENT,LOG_DIRECTORY_CLIENT and LOG_DIRECTORY_SERVER from your sqlnet.ora.

I'm afraid I have no idea what nim.log does.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA