Re: Problem installing Oracle on Linux Redhat 7.3

From: Timbo <tjbacs_nospam_at_attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:06:59 GMT

I concur with dmz17. Even 8.1.7 was a bear on rh7.2. Lots of time spent looking on newsgroups and websites, plus having to mess with rh stuff, like going to older version of gcc or something. Definitely not fun.

9iR2 on 7.2 was a piece of cake, once I got past crappy downloads from OTN. FYI Oracle only supports 9iR2 on Redhat Advanced Server, so don't expect any help from them. It is running fine on my rh7.2 box though (so far)

Have fun,

Tim