Re: Problem installing Oracle on Linux Redhat 7.3

From: Sean <sean_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:05:30 GMT

"Johan den Boer" <jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:aor0nk$rfi$1_at_news.hccnet.nl...
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem when installing oracle 8.1.5. If run the ./runInstaller
> program nothing seems to happen.
> Installed the jdk too but this does not solve the problem.
>
> Anyone got an idea ?
>
> I am using Redhat 7.3
>
> thanks
>
> Johan

remove Java from the PATH statement, remove any CLASSPATH variable type 'export LD_ASSUME_PATH= 2.2.5', install compat egcs, compat-libs and compat-glibc and run the corresponding environment script before installing, do not create a database during the install, patch it with a patch from oracle then create a database.

you have to do this for any of the 8i's (8.1.5, 8.1.6, 8.1.7)

9i is built with glibc 2.2 which ships with Red Hat 7.0 and up, so installs without these problems Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 22:05:30 CDT