Re: Installing Developer Suite 2000 on WIN XP

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:14:18 GMT

Mallika Andavolu wrote:

> I have XP Home Edition running on my machine.I am trying to install
> Oracle Developer Suite 2000 on my machine. I have unzipped the files
> and have the setup file ready. When I double click on the setup file,
> nothing happens.The setup file is not running. I have stopped the
> Oracle services as asked in the Installation guide.
> The installation requires 400mb of Virtual memory.I dont know what is
> my virtual memory.How can I check that and finally get Developer
> Suite installed and running
>
> Thanks
> Mallik

Let me guess ... your machine is a Pentium 4 and you have somehow managed to miss the numerous, almost weekly, postings here that are identical to yours.

How did I do?

Check out the Pentium 4 work-around at any one of the numerous Oracle web sites.

Oh and there is no such thing as Oracle Developer Suite 2000 so be sure if this doesn't solve the problem to tell us what version you really have.

Daniel Morgan Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 15:14:18 CDT