oracle8i client installation aborts without error on my new pc

From: Lord Vader <wolfgang.reinalter_at_swarovski.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 07:01:17 -0700

Hello,

Can anyone please help me ??

I tried to install the Oracle 8i Client on my new pc but when the Oracle Universal Installer starts, nothing happens. In the Windows taskmanager i can see, that the process jrwe.exe shortly appears and then disappears.

I thought, that my cd is damaged but on my old system everything works fine.

I am running both systems with Windows NT 4.0 SP6a (and a hotfix). My old system is a P3 with 800MHz and my new one a P4 with 2600MHz (both from Fujitsu-Siemens).

Has anybody encountered the same problems and can help me ??

greetings, Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 09:01:17 CDT