Re: OCI and External Users

From: Roman Zarzecki <rzarzecki_at_gis.com.pl>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:10:35 +0200

Użytkownik "Roman Zarzecki" <rzarzecki_at_gis.com.pl> has written news:amurbq$a1$1_at_news2.ipartners.pl...
> Hi!
>
> I do not know how to connect to Oracle database using OCI as an
external
> user. I can connect using sqlplus and the below statement:
> connect /@my_db
> Please, give me some clue. I have tried NULL username and password,
then
> "" (empty string) username and password. Now I have no idea what else I
can
> try.
> I am working with the oracle server 8.1.7.

Ok, I have found the solution.
In my program I was using OCILogon(...) to connect to ORACLE, what was wrong for external
authentication. Now I am using OCISessionBegin(..., OCI_CRED_EXT, ...). Another problem was that my program is working as Windows service and I did not know that
if the service is set "login->local system account" then it works as an internal Windows user process and
not as and administrator user process.

Regards,
Roman Zarzecki
rzarzecki_at_gis.com.pl Received on Thu Sep 26 2002 - 09:10:35 CDT