Re: oracle8i client installation aborts without error on my new pc

From: Alistair Thomson <thomson_alistair_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:14:58 +0100

Hi

Oracle has a problem with the P4 processor.

There are 3 possible workarounds:

  1. Obtain patch 1507768 from Oracle Support Services via Metalink. See Patch readme for patch installation details.

2.

  1. Copy the content of the Installation to a temporary folder on the harddisk, rename ALL copies of file 'symcjit.dll'
  2. Go to folder \install and edit file 'oraparam.ini' (attention: write protection) and change parameter JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS to JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-nojit -ms16m -mx32m
  3. Start the installation again
  4. Use the Oracle Universal Installer that is shipped with Oracle 9.0.1 or higher.

Alistair